Monthly Archives: January 2011

Page Request Length & Max Size

I have an XAF editor which uses the ASPXUploader as it’s control. Everything has been working fine until our client asked us to check the performance of images larger than 10mb.

I didn’t think there would be any problems until I tried it and hit an “Access denied” error message.

That didn’t make any sense to me, so needless to say after 3-4 hours of digging I found out that the web config controls the size of requests that a server can handle.

To change this, DevEx suggested some config entries as follows:


    
      
        
        
      
    


  
  

Most of the bug resolution in development is spent pointing the finger until the root cause is found. Typically the root cause is a business requirement/intelligence issue and not so much of a coding issue. Most of the time missed commas are found by the debugger :) It is nice to work with a support team and company that responds in a professional manner with the root of the problems.